Sharks are probably the most misunderstood animals on the planet. We all still have a lot to learn about these fascinating creatures, which are sadly more seriously threatened with extinction and in greater need of conservation and management action than any other major group of vertebrates.
We have produced this guide not just because we and so many other people love sharks. It is also because their identification, whether of living animals, fishery catches or body parts sold at markets, is an essential tool to support shark conservation, fisheries management and international trade regulation, prevent further depletion of stocks, and enable their recovery.
● the first pocket guide to all 501 shark species
● all species illustrated and described
● handy, compact format with concise text
● a six-page guide to shark teeth identification
● an eight-page guide to the identification of the shark fins most commonly encountered in the fin trade
Illustrator: Marc Dando
Authors: David A. Ebert and Sarah Fowler
Publication date: 16 June 2014
ISBN 9780957394667, 0957394667
Size: 19.8cm x 12.9cm